Friday 11 April 2014

Arts - food for the soul

I read a great quote the other day which said:
"You don't need to ask if you have a soul. You ARE a soul, you have a body."

And today I got a letter from a friend who is embarking on a drawing course, saying



Now I feel my soul dried. How amazing to read this expressed in such a way.  How interesting it is that no matter what we have studied or what our occupation may be (because this wasn't anything to do with history or sociology), eventually we acknowledge the calling to address our need to feed the soul.   It doesn't mean we've been doing everything wrong, but finding ways to ensure space in our days for some of all things, keeps the soul happy and reconnects us to... our self. 


Above, a page from the Nature Sketchbook Exchange project, my painting in Debbie's sketch book. 

Upcoming courses: Portrait drawing, this weekend
Oil painting workshop, portfolio course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment